Theodoulos Gregoriou (b.1956, Malounta) lives and works in Nicosia and Paris. He studied painting at the Institute of Arte Plastice “N. Grigorescu” in Bucharest with a scholarship from UNESCO (1976 – 1981). He won the Prix Matisse Scholarship of the French Embassy in Cyprus (1985). He continued his studies with a scholarship from the French state and worked at Cite International des Arts and the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris (1986-1987). Gregoriou represented Cyprus at the Aperto exhibition by invitation of the Venice Biennale of Art in 1990.